How to Be Happy?
This is one of the most searched about phrases in Google.
How to be Happy Alone?
How to be Happy in a Relationship?
How to be Happy in Life Always?
How to be Happy Again.
I have to say that I have gone through all the questions and with no pun intended, found my answer along the way. We always thought that happiness can be bought or that it comes from something else. But, what I have learned is no body is responsible for your happiness except for YOU.
You can’t blame your job, your partner or your country. Finding Happiness is every one’s main goal in life. And I think I have found mine. But, it took awhile to safely say that I have found my embracing happy. 🙂
And I know that you can too. We are all entitled to that. But for now, here is a short step by step guide to find your happiness.
- Be Yourself. Find a 10-15 minutes each day to contemplate on yourself. What are the things that you do that is effortless for you? What are the things that you say that makes you cringe, because that isn’t you? Create an Avatar of who you are and who you want to be.
- Clean House. This really means decluttering your house with things that does not give you a sense of pleasure or use. Old magazines, clothes that you think you will wear, kitchen appliances that you have not touched for at least 2 years – declutter your mind by decluttering your home or even just your room.
- Set Goals. I once read somewhere that if you don’t have set goals for yourself, you are merely a person just wandering and surviving in this earth without a meaning. It can be work related, school or home related. I will run 5 minutes today and by the 4th week, I will be able to run for 20minutes without stopping. Start with small simple goals and work your way up to that.
- Give Yourself Away. And by this I mean, pay it forward and make it a habit to be kind at least three times a day. And you can try my formula; compliment 1 person daily, help 1 of your family member with chores or homework and help s stranger that you see that is struggling with carrying a bag of groceries or maybe just simple opening a door for some. What you give away, you get back three-folds and even more!
- Change Your Perspective. This one I still struggle with, it is very easy to just get angry with someone and jump the gun when someone does you wrong. PAUSE and TAKE 5 to 10 Seconds BEFORE you open your mouth and really, REALLY think if what you will say will benefit you or maybe, just maybe the other person is going through some sh*t and just can’t find a way to vent it out. Always do your best to be the better person.
Practice these 5 short steps on a daily basis for 30 days and see how you feel. It is not an easy task, but it’s a good way to start on find your happiness and knowing that there is a way on How to Be Happy. ❤️